A 40-ton truck traveling at 70 miles per hour on a highway runs into a passenger vehicle. This is a scenario we hear all too often at Aiken & Jacobsen, in Sacramento, California.
Our Sacramento truck accident attorneys have significant experience representing people involved in truck wrecks with commercial vehicles, fruit trucks and big rigs. We represent clients who have been injured on a range of area highways and roadways, along with communities such as Lodi, Stockton, Fresno and Lemoore.
Injured in a trucking accident? Call 888-803-9630 or contact us online today.
Knowledgeable Northern California Truck Accident Attorneys
Trucking accidents are far too common. While they can occur anywhere, Highway 99, Highway 5 and Business 80 seem to have a disproportionate number of truck crashes involving 18-wheelers and commercial vehicles. Many of these accidents are caused by truck drivers who are speeding, inexperienced or fatigued. A serious injury can also result from a truck accident caused by a tire blowout, improper maintenance or unbalanced cargo.
We have a great deal of experience handling truck accident cases. We know that there are no minor injuries when a fully loaded truck crashes into a passenger vehicle. Spinal cord injuries, brain injuries and death are not uncommon in trucking accidents. We work closely with victims and their families to ensure that they receive optimal compensation for their physical, financial and emotional injuries.
Causes Of Truck Accidents
Our lawyers have substantial experience handling truck accident cases. An important aspect of representing people injured in truck accidents is identifying and holding accountable all of the parties even partially responsible. Truck accidents are caused by:
- Inexperienced, impatient or fatigued drivers
- The negligent drivers of other vehicles
- Company policy or practice that encourages ignoring the relevant state and federal regulations
- Defective auto parts
- Hazardous road conditions caused by poor highway design
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Insufficient maintenance
Improper Maintenance, Driver Fatigue And Product Liability
In order to make maximum use of their investment, trucking companies prefer to keep their vehicles in continuous operation. This puts enormous stress on brakes, tires, the steering mechanism and other components. Some trucking companies may even skimp on maintenance in order to stretch their profits. The result can be a serious or deadly accident.
Types of issues include:
- Improper trucking company maintenance practices — Including failure to properly maintain vehicles and failure to periodically inspect vehicles for damaged or worn components. Our law firm represents people who have suffered harm due to trucking company negligence, including:
- Failure to properly maintain vehicles
- Failure to periodically inspect tires, brakes and other vehicle components
- Overloaded vehicles or improperly secured cargo
- Failure to screen truck drivers for drug and alcohol use
- Failure to follow federal and state regulations
- Other types of trucking company negligence
- Product liability — If the accident happened due to an improperly designed or defectively manufactured truck part, Aiken & Jacobsen can represent you. Our product liability attorneys have the experience, advocacy skills and access to technical resources that are essential in these challenging cases.
- Driver fatigue — Semitruck drivers are often paid by the mile. As a result, truckers have a financial incentive to log significant miles. All too frequently, truckers drive to the point of exhaustion and cause accidents that could be prevented with proper care. Trucking laws and regulations have been enacted to prevent truck driver fatigue. Such laws require truckers to take periodic rest breaks. Despite the focus on preventing accidents caused by truck driver fatigue, such accidents are still far too common.
Experience, Resources, Compassion
Trucking companies carry large insurance policies, and their insurance carriers work hard to limit their liability in truck accident and 18-wheeler wreck cases. We work meticulously to protect our clients' interests. Our attorneys work with local and national medical and accident reconstruction experts to demonstrate the cause of a truck accident and the long-term physical and financial consequences for our clients. We subpoena driver's records, maintenance records and driver's logs. Whether through a settlement or a trial, we are committed to helping people maximize the compensation they receive for truck accident injuries.
Contact Our Sacramento Truck Injury Lawyers
If you or a member of your family has been injured in a Northern California trucking accident, collision or wreck, please contact a truck injury lawyer at Aiken & Jacobsen. We can be reached by calling 916-978-1997, by email or by filling out the intake form on our contact us page.